Lost or Stolen Cards
REPORT LOST OR STOLEN CARDS IMMEDIATELY!
Call your Local LCU branch during normal business hours. If it is after business hours, on a weekend, or holiday call:
Debit Cards: 1-866-564-9487
Consumer Credit Cards: 1-866-564-9487
Business Credit Cards: 1-866-564-9487
When calling you need to provide:
- Your card number
- Birthday of primary cardholder
- SSN of primary cardholder
Cardholders traveling in foreign countries can report their Visa® cards lost/stolen and request emergency services by using the Visa Global Customer Assistance Center.
Credit and Debit Card Security Measures
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Sign your card on the signature panel as soon as you receive it.
- Protect your cards as if they were cash.
- Don't leave your cards in the glove compartment of your car. An alarmingly high proportion of all card thefts occur in glove compartments.
- Never write down your PIN — memorize it. Also, never use your PIN as a password.
- Ensure that you get your card back after every purchase.
- Make a record of your card account numbers and telephone numbers for reporting lost or stolen cards. Keep that list in a safe place.
- Always check your billing statement and verify the amounts of your purchases.
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone. No one from a financial institution, the police, or a merchant should ask for your PIN.
- Watch your surroundings If the machine is poorly lit, or in a hidden area, use another ATM.
- Guard your PIN. Keep a lookout for suspicious activity. Always guard your PIN and transaction amount, and immediately cancel your transaction and leave if you see something suspicious.
- Be safe at the drive-thru. When using a drive-through ATM, lock car doors and other windows — when walking up, never leave your car running or unlocked.
- Always take your receipt. It contains personal information that could be helpful to thieves.
- Avoid strangers when using an indoor ATM that requires your card to open the door, avoid letting unknown people in with you.